About the Workshops
The travel writing workshop is aimed at beginners without professional writing experience, as well as journalists and writers who wish to enter travel writing. Content is practical and designed to get you published. You will be given all the tools and help you need to become a travel writer. The travel writing workshop is a one day event - but note the important post-workshop feedback facility detailed below.
The travel writing workshop leader is Peter Carty.
The travel writing workshop fee is £115, including unlimited follow-up coaching and support.
Travel Writing Workshop Dates
The next workshop will take place on Saturday January 27th 2018 and it will then be repeated on Saturday February 24th.
For information on further travel writing workshops please email: email@example.com
Travel Writing Workshop Location
The travel writing workshops are held in central London at the Indian YMCA, 41 Fitzroy Square, W1.
The Indian YMCA is near Euston and King's Cross mainline stations, and close to Warren Street, Goodge Street and Euston Square tube stations.
Travel Writing Workshop Timing And Content
The travel writing workshop runs from 10.00am to 5.30pm, including breaks for tea and coffee, and lunch. The workshop is fun and interactive, geared towards dealing with all of your queries. During the day you will be helped to write a publishable travel feature, with feedback available on your draft. And unlimited back-up and coaching is available after the day itself.
The workshop includes coverage of the following areas (see the timetable below, too):
- Selecting the best travel subject matter for publication
- The secrets of professional research skills for travel writers
- Effective ways to improve your travel writing prose
- How to give your travel features a satisfying structure
- How to get your first travel features published
- The secrets of pitching features successfully to travel editors
- Travel writing for the internet and how to blog profitably
- Getting your trips sponsored by tourist boards, travel companies and airlines
- How to develop your travel writing career
- The Travel Writing Workshop's Unlimited Individual Feedback Facility
An important part of the workshop is follow-up coaching and feedback on your travel writing.
After the workshop
In the weeks and months after the workshop Peter will give you as much coaching and feedback as you need. This open-ended facility is extremely useful and very unusual - it is not normally a feature of travel writing courses (or any other type of short course, in fact).